STREAM 2: Integrated Care
Welcome from the Chair
Dr Paul Carroll
GP, Centric Health
FIRE SIDE CHAT:
Leading change in service design
We hear from one of the leaders of the HSE’s change programme on progress on the new regional structures, service redesign, how the new structures will impact staff, patients and local communities
National Director, Change & Innovation, HSE
Strategic health authorities and regions: Lessons from history
What lessons can we learn from the creation of regional bodies in the NHS? What works – what are the pitfalls? What are the important pre-requisites for successful regional management in the delivery of integrated care?
Head of Strategy, the Nuffield Trust, UK
What changes are needed to integrate services at the frontline?
- What behaviours, incentives, skills and resources are needed to integrate services at the frontline?
- Hear from pioneering teams making integrated care a reality
- The reality of working with communities to transform the design and delivery of care
- Unleashing the power of regional and local leadership and the role of regional healthcare organisations and the relationship between national, regional and local bodies
- Healthy aging and care: New models of care at home, outside of home, implications for care workers
- Supporting primary care and building on what works
Irish Coalition for People living with Obesity (ICPO)
GP & Irish College of General Practitioners National Council
Chief Officer, Community Healthcare East, HSE
Dr. Susan Kent
independent Health Consultant, Clinical Nurse, Associate Professor Nursing, Midwifery, Public & Community Health, Dublin City University. Member of National Screening Advisory Council