STREAM 1: Policy & Leadership cont.
Welcome from the Chair
Journalist and Broadcaster, host of Radio 1’s
Taking stock…and leading change
Our opening session will reflect on where we are now on the Sláintecare roadmap, the reality of what healthcare looks like today and the key leadership challenges going forward:
- As not envisaged by Slaintecare: Should private medicine remain a central part of Ireland’s public health system?
- Leading complex system change and realising the potential of integrated care to improve service design and delivery
- Beating the backlog: How do we bring the HSE back on track?
- Tackling the access challenge
- Unleashing the power of regional and local leadership
CEO, Tallaght University Hospital
Consultant, non-profit board member and Slaintecare Healthy Communities Programme Mentor
Brian Dolan OBE
Director, Health Service 360, Honorary Professor of Leadership in Healthcare, School of Nursing, Midwifery & Social Work, University of Salford, Manchester
leadership, governance and strategy consultant, Business Post columnist, Chartered Director, Board Chair, Strategic Advisor, former Director General, HSE
Culture, training and development: Supporting recruitment and retention
- The changes needed to improve retention in the HSE
- How training and education could positively impact recruitment and retention
- How a culture of compassion and inclusivity can attract new people to work for the HSE and also create the conditions for people to flourish
Dr. Rachel McNamara
medical doctor, National Fellow for Innovation and Change, HSE
Dr. Chris Luke
former A&E consultant, Cork University Hospital